Backing up your WordPress Site is more important than backing up your device’s data. Or maybe, it is similarly important. However, there is a downside of the WordPress CMS- that it does not come with a featured backing up option. Then how do we back up our WordPress site? No matter what purpose you use your site for, backing up your data is a must. Though WordPress does not provide you with the backup support, you can take help from a few premium backup plugins. So, here I am going to show you some of the Best WordPress Backup Plugins that you can use to backup your WordPress site data with ease.
Some users are like, “why would be our data in risk?” Well, the answer is very easy. In the era where cybercrime is growing rapidly, we always need to make sure that our data is safe, right? Even if we don’t talk about hackers and all that stuff, there can also be some possible faults from our end that lead us to lose our data. Due to accidental deletion, server crashes, wrong update, you can lose your data in a second. However, with these 8 Best Backup Plugins for WordPress, you and your site are absolutely safe.
Top WordPress Backup Plugins
There are many backup plugins that claim to be the best backup plugins in the world, but in this section, I am going to tell you the most popular and best backup plugins for WordPress that can save your WordPress site and the data related to it. So, let’s check out my recommendation of 8 Best WordPress Backup Plugins and select one according to your comfort and need.
#1. UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin
UpdraftPlus is the world’s most preferred WordPress backup plugin that has over two million installs worldwide. UpdraftPlus makes backing up your WordPress data easier and simpler. Moreover, you can back up your data to your Cloud storage and restore them anytime you want. You might have not realized how much you want a backup feature for your website. But, now I guess, you have realized its importance. So check out the most highlighted features of this UpdraftPlus data plugin for WordPress.
- Backup data from your WordPress site to any cloud storage and restore them any time you want.
- UpdraftPlus is the most popular plugin for WordPress CMS.
- It is a feature rich plugin for WordPress.
- Easy and simple to use.
- One of the best WordPress plugins for backup and restore.
- You can set up an automatic backup schedule.
- Over two million installs worldwide.
- Fast backup.
You can also use its premium features to avail some other benefits-
- You can duplicate your website using Migrator.
- Compatible with various networks.
- Free and instant customer care support.
These are some primary features of UpdraftPlus, however, if you get the plugin, you will get to learn more about it.
You can use the BackWPup plugin for WordPress to keep the complete backup of your WordPress contents and also, you can save those backups to your online cloud storage like Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. This is a free backup plugin for WordPress, though you can still upgrade to its premium version to avail some other outstanding features. Have a look at the highlighted features it offers for its free version-
- You can backup your database to cloud storage.
- You can export your WordPress XML contents.
- Easily create files and optimize your database.
- In case of any loss of your data, you can recover them using BackWPup.
- Easily back up your files.
- Can backup files of various formats.
- You can store your WP backup to a directory.
- With the free version of BackWPup, you can store your WP backup to Microsoft Azure, SugarSync, RackSpaceCloud, S3 services, and Dropbox.
- With the Pro version of BackWPup, you can store your backup to Google Drive, and Amazon Glacier.
- Multiple websites support.
With the new Standalone App, you can back up your data from your WordPress backend in a couple of clicks.
#3. Backup Buddy
Backup Buddy is another famous name in the list of Best WordPress Backup Plugins. This one is a premium backup plugin that comes with so many advanced backup features for your WordPress website contents. Backup Buddy is offered by iThemes and is one of the most popular plugins for WordPress. From automatic backup to migrate your site to new hosts, it supports many other smart features. You can schedule your backup to your desired time. Here are some of the key features of Backup Buddy:
- This plugin offers you 1GB free cloud storage of its own.
- You can backup your WordPress data to multiple cloud storages such as Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc.
- Migrating your website to another host is now made easier with this WordPress plugin.
- Allows daily/ weekly/ monthly backup of your WordPress contents.
Not only these, but Backup Buddy also supports free malware scan for your WordPress site to ensure your data is safe and secure. In case of any error with your database, you can repair it with Backup Buddy.
You have to admit that premium services such as VaultPress offers better features than the free WordPress plugins. The plugin is created by the people who created WordPress, Automattic. There are some huge perks of installing this backup plugin-
- It offers you unlimited storage for your data backup
- Scans your site for possible virus attacks that can harm your database.
- Offers you premium features starting from $5/month.
- Installation is easy and more reliable than other free services.
- Prevents code vulnerabilities.
- Improves security.
- Offers automatic backups on a day to day basis.
#5. Duplicator WordPress Backup Plugin
As the name suggests, you can duplicate, migrate, clone, and backup your entire site from one place to another. However, the free version of Duplicator does not come with the automatic backup option and does not have the functionality to save your backup data to other external services. But if you buy the premium version of Duplicator, you can schedule your backup and save them to your cloud storages like Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
- Duplicator enables backup your whole site or your desired portion.
- You can migrate your website to another host easily.
- Offers manual backups.
#6. My WP Backup
My WP Backup offers you all the features you need to save your website from hackers, potential data corruption, and many more. You can save your backups anytime you want, or can also make a schedule for the same. Let’s have a quick look at its key features-
- Super easy backup creator.
- Set automatic backup or perform it manually.
- Backup everything you do on your WP site without much of a headache.
- Restore backups easily from your cloud storages.
- Backup your data to any server, reducing the potential risk of losing data.
- 24/7 customer support team.
- Exclude unnecessary files.
WP-DB-Backup is another name in the list of free WordPress plugins that help you back up your database with ease. This plugin creates a database of your sites and then it emails it to your email address. However, this plugin can only backup your database and the whole site.
- A free Backup Plugin.
- You can backup your whole database or your desired part.
- Schedule your backups.
This backup plugin for WordPress provides you with the simple backup process and that too even in a single click. You can schedule your backup as per your comfort and it will email the backup file to your email address. Due to its simple and easy settings, over 2 million people have installed this plugin.
Backing up your WordPress site is one of the most important things for your business and the Best WordPress Backup Plugins that I have mentioned here, are the most popular plugins that most WP users use. If you have any other good recommendation, you can share them in the comment box below.